Friday, February 18, 2011

Women


Women are nice, but they just hurt you. Best friend starts dating a guy, three months later is engaged. Had no idea. Tells me she's in love, doesn't sound convincing. He's in the navy, strong, secure, won't have to think about much, just follows orders. She likes that. Doesn't want to live in the real world, so this works for her. Kinda wondering where I fit now. She shrieks through the phone about everything wrong with him, started drinking to drown out her problems with him. True love. Says she understands why I am upset, doesn't even know the half of it. Dont even know this guy that is taking her away. Hopped around schools, couldn't cut it, joined navy after college. Real winner. Not sure if she is worth even being around anymore. Person like that obviously has some nasty shit in the closet. Her lack of standards will not bring me down with her. When she is sitting in a foreign country, looking out the window, her third drink in her hand, alone, I will not be there. Love is a game for fools, I am quickly learning that. I just don't need this anymore. Too many girls that laugh a little too loud, wearing rings that they picked out for their boyfriends to buy. Men stripped of dignity to appease the lust of a woman; their souls for her consumption. Social clubs hold ceremonies here to pressure the man to propose. I don't want any part in this. I do not need a woman. And if one comes along, she better be prepared to deal with this.

I am wondering how long it will be before the divorce. I will not attend the wedding. I will go do something else that has the promise of a future, or at least a future that will outlast this bullshit. Why are women like this? What is this need to be married? Why cling to a man as your source of being? Studies show that men tend to act and think to solve problems, while women just try to spread the pain around by talking with friends and husbands. The smartest husbands alive are the ones that brush the nagging wife away; he won't fall into her trap. Kinda sad that it has come to this, but in the long run I will be a better and happier person. Even if I have to go to restaurants alone, movies by myself, or dinner parties without company, at least i won't be hurt by another person.


No comments:

Post a Comment