Sunday, February 6, 2011

It's ok to look


Today has been a good day. I have reached the point of being ok with being a little curious about getting back "into the field". Talked with a friend from forever ago, old friends are like seasons of a TV show, you miss some, but then you invest a few minutes and they were the most interesting of your entire day. The friend has had so much going on, reminds me of how very slow and "behind" I am in life. I still fear retaliation from my parents for getting a tattoo, I have still never forged the bond I want so very much, and I have not done anything worth really mentioning. I am a furry, like that's supposed to shock people? I want to go to Anthrocon so very badly, I will get there eventually...

I know she is out there. I am not going to settle. A woman that twists my hair in her fingers, has no problem plucking stray hairs on my face lol, or even challenging me to go get my nails done with her. I can't wait to not ever need this blog again, cuz she will be my journal. A journal that talks back, that straightens me out, and yes, takes me to levels of existence I could never achieve alone. Stroking her hair and rocking back and forth with her in my arms after a tough day, laying my head on her swollen stomach before birth, painting her toes during pregnancy because she can't see or fix them herself, surprising her all the time with sweet things that she loves uniquely. Damn...I am hungry.

1 comment:

  1. It was good talking to you. I'm glad you messaged me.

    Get a tattoo if you really want one. My mom forgave me.

    Haha- you can still blog even with a girlfriend. It's an outlet, for crying out loud.
    (You could even blog SOLELY about being a furry! ;) )

    And like I've been telling myself over and over and over again... This is a season for us- being single. Let's make it a good season until it's over and we can be completely prepared for NOT being single.

    Go eat something.

    ReplyDelete